SPMMS Work Order Request Procedures
The site custodian should investigate all problems first. If the custodian determines that it falls within their scope of responsibility he/she should repair the problem. If the nature of the problem exceeds their scope of responsibility he/she should then take one of the following steps:
- The custodian should notify the site administrator.
- The site secretary or designee will enter the request into the SPMMS program.
- The work control technician will process the request and forward it to the appropriate supervisor.
- The site should investigate the situation completely prior to notifying the Maintenance & Operations Department.
- The site should verify that the situation is in fact an emergency that cannot be handled by the custodian, per his/her job description. Complete and accurate information will enable the Maintenance & Operations Department to prioritize the call more accurately.
- Contact the work control desk (421-4253) if you have one of the following issues:
- Health of students or staff at risk
- Safety of students or staff at risk.
- Security of district property (Lost/missing keys)
- Direct interference with the instructional environment
- Roof leaks
- Lack of heating or air conditioning in classrooms
Some examples might be: a backed up sewer line, smell of gas or wires burning, entire site without phones and/or electricity, broken window, vandalism and/or graffiti.
DO NOT ENTER A WORK REQUEST INTO SPMMS IF YOU CALL THE PROBLEM IN AS AN EMERGENCY. This results in duplications and confusion. The work control technician will enter the request at the time of the call.
SPMMS Misc. info
- All sites have the capability of accessing their active and completed work orders.
Any notations regarding the work order, for example: notes from technicians, reasons of cancellation and/or dates of calls for status check will be found in the body of the work order. If the needed information is not found in the body of the work order, you may call the work order desk for further assistance.
- The site may call/e-mail the work order desk to obtain status on a work order. Please do not enter a duplicate work order for status. The request for status will be noted on the work order and reissued to the appropriate maintenance team.
- All new clerical, custodial and site administration staff may obtain SPMMS
training by contacting the work order technician. All training will
take place at the site. Obtaining passwords to access the SPMMS program may
also be done by contacting the work order technician with prior site administrator
- Broken windows, extensive graffiti or acts that cause damage to a site needs to be reported to the police immediately. Either the police department or sheriff's department will provide a case number.
- Contact the Maintenance and Operations Department as soon as the problem is identified. You do not have to wait for a case number or an officer on site prior to contacting maintenance. Securing the site is the main priority.
- Once you receive a case number, that information needs to be given to the work order technician. The report number will be referenced on the work order in the job field for easy tracking.
- It is the site’s responsibility to complete the North Bay Schools Insurance Authority’s Property Loss form and fax it to Elaine Bruno in Fiscal Services within 24 hours.
- It is the site’s responsibility to enter requisitions for lost, damaged or stolen items (i.e. trash cans, grounds keeping equipment, computers, etc.) Fiscal Services can provide the appropriate budget code by contacting Elaine Bruno.
Your site administrator must approve all requests for keys. The work control technician cannot process any request for keys without site administrator approval. The request will stay in the open (R) status until approval is verified.
Pest Related Issues
All pest-related issues are to be entered into the SPMMS system. Please do not call